[OpenAFS] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.3.87 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386, x86_64)

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:19:23 -0700

When building a new cell from scratch:

fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl

Carps "/afs: function not implemented"

An strace indicated it looking for files that don't exist

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Christopher Allen Wing
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:07 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org; openafs-devel@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.3.87 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386,
x86_64)

I updated the RHEL4 RPMs to the 1.3.87 release.

I made no changes between the 1.3.86 RPMs and these, except for updating the
OpenAFS source.

You can download the 1.3.87 packages for i386 and x86_64 from:

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.3.87

Note that the pam_krb5 module in RHEL4 is defective and will not work
properly
with AFS in many circumstances. I have entered bug reports and patches in
bugzilla but Red Hat has not acted upon any of them. In the mean time you
can
download fixed pam_krb5 RPMs for i386 and x86_64 from here:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/pam_krb5/2.1.2-1.fixed

I would especially be interested to know what people think of these
packages;
would these be suitable as a starting point for 'official' OpenAFS 1.4 RPMs?

Thanks,

Chris Wing
wingc@engin.umich.edu