[OpenAFS] AFS client installation on Motorolla MVME6100 PowerPC

Konstantin Boyanov kkboyanov@gmail.com
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:44:19 +0200

------=_Part_21_23446858.1123760659752

Hi again,

You really have a harddisk attached to you MVME6100? Nice...=20
> How much space do you have on the cache partition?
> I mean, is there enough for the cache?

The harddisk is attached via SCSI, and the cache partition ( /usr ) is abou=
t=20
16GB. That should do I think. Is it better to reformat the HD and make a=20
partition dedicated only for the AFS cache?

same message?

Yes - afsd: WARNING: cache probably too small!
afsd: malloc() failed for cache file inode table with -25 entries.
But that is only when I tryto start the afsd daemon with the command:
# [root@mvmepz01 openafs-1.2.8]# src/afsd/afsd start

Nevertheless I managed to start it only by typing afsd in the command=20
prompt, after reading more carefully the IBM AFS Administration Guide :-)

Thanks for all the help. If there are any further problems you can be sure=
=20
I'll post in the mailing list :-)
Best regards Konstantin

------=_Part_21_23446858.1123760659752

Hi again,<br>
e" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt =
0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">You really have a harddisk attached to you MVME6=
100? Nice...
The harddisk is attached via SCSI, and the cache partition ( /usr ) is
about 16GB. That should do I think. Is it better to reformat the HD and
make a partition dedicated only for the AFS cache?<br>
(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">same messag=
Yes -&nbsp; afsd: WARNING: cache probably too small!<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; afsd: malloc() faile=
d for cache file inode table with -25 entries.<br>
But that is only when I tryto start the afsd daemon with the command:<br>
# [root@mvmepz01 openafs-1.2.8]# src/afsd/afsd start<br>
Nevertheless I managed to start it only by typing afsd in the command
prompt, after reading more carefully the IBM AFS Administration Guide
:-)<br>
Thanks for all the help. If there are any further problems you can be sure =
I'll post in the mailing list :-)<br>
Best regards Konstantin<br>

------=_Part_21_23446858.1123760659752--