[OpenAFS] build errors.. was: RE: vos create failure on attached drive array ?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:34:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Jason Mccabe wrote:

> Looks like configure had trouble finding my relatively new build tools.
> So I made some changes to Makefile.sun4x_58(.in) to use GCC and LEX.
> Also MT_CFLAGS had to be changed from -mt (for SunCC) to -pthreads
> (for GCC).

well, gcc won't work to build the kernel modules. not finding it is
deliberate.

> But now the linking of TVICED is failing because it's missing
> this symbol:
>
>  pthread_mutex_t rx_event_mutex;
>
> from rx_event.c.
>
> It appeared that LIBS for tviced should include librx.a,

uh, no. librx conflicts with libafsrpc, and tviced needs the pthreads
version.

Derrick