[OpenAFS] 1.3.87 on Solaris 10 and weird NFS proble

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:49:03 -0500

When IBM released AFS to the Open Source community, the AFS->NFS translator
was removed due to licensing issues with Sun.  Since then, Derrick has been
working on a new translator from scratch, but it's still a work in progress.
We still have to run the Transarc client on our AFS translator, although I
hope we can get rid of it soon since we're decomissioning a number of systems
that relied on it.  As he said, it hasn't been tested on Solaris 10, so it's
not surprising that it didn't work.

You can pretty much ignore anything about the NFS translator that's in the
IBM docs if you're using OpenAFS - it simply doesn't apply any more.

Brian