[OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:17:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, ted creedon wrote:

> A simple cp -rpv /afs/.bigcell/foo /afs/.home-ted-doris.fam/bar hangs the
> system so badly Linux won't even "halt".

If you have magic sysrq turned on, hit alt sysrq t, and ideally collect
the resulting backtrace and put it somewhere.

> If there's a problem with windows file names, (Jeff has stated so) it needs
> to be documented. And fixed.

I don't know the details of what you speak. But I'd guess either "it's
simple and we can fix it" or "it's complicated and either no one has fixed
it or no one has decided to pay someone else to fix it"

> There needs to be a set of tests run on every release before its thrown over
> the threshold.

No argument. Having a better framework than the one in src/tests would
help, but it is at least a start. Have something we should be running?

Derrick