[OpenAFS] Debian - openafs -noauth problems

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan@gmail.com
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:34:14 -0400

=46urther developments. I decided to bypass the firewall issues for the mom=
ent,=20
drop the firewall, and go on to filesystem setup.

As I write this, I am logged in as root, and have the kerberos tickets and=
=20
aklog tokens of user zzz, who is the admin for the AFS server. And=20

omega:~# pgrep -fl afsd
3708 /usr/sbin/afsd -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -fakestat=
=20
=2Dafsdb
3712 afsd

omega:~# tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 2) tokens for afs@omega.domain.edu [Expires Aug 13 01:18]
   --End of list--

omega:~# fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'

Yet again.

Out of sheer frustration,

omega:~# cd /etc/openafs/server
omega:/etc/openafs/server# ln -s /etc/krb.conf .
omega:/etc/openafs/server# fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'

Any ideas on what might be going on ?

The client is definitely up as the grep above shows.

And I did not start bosserver -noauth.

One possible lead :

/etc/openafs/afs.conf.client :

AFS_CLIENT=3Dtrue
AFS_AFSDB=3Dtrue
AFS_CRYPT=3Dtrue
AFS_DYNROOT=3Dfalse
AFS_FAKESTAT=3Dtrue

Note the dynroot setting above. Could that be causing this ?

=46rom /etc/openafs/afs.conf :

ENABLE_AFSDB=3Don
ENABLE_DYNROOT=3Doff

I intend to have both server and client running on this machine.