[OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:12:02 -0700
1. Windows 1.3.84 used to crash when copying, 1.3.87 does not.
2. Linux AFS 1.3.87 operating system crashes consistently when performing
intercell, intervolume copying. Not only when copying the test volume but
others as well.
3. Copying the test set with empty files works fine. Files with data crashes
the destination 1.3.87 Linux box.
4. Linux AFS 1.3.87 does not crash when performing intercell to local
5. Crash means the Linux operating system crashes. Other xterm windows do
not respond, the system won't soft reboot and usually wont respond to ping.
Hardware reset is required.
6. After each crash the ext2 /usr/vice/cache directory won't fsck.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 9:39 AM
To: chas williams - CONTRACTOR
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS
chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> ted, please answer my questions.
I wish Ted would answer mine as well.