[OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:23:39 -0400

In message <20050815171201.52EC0C62A@smtpauth.easystreet.com>,"ted creedon" wri
tes:
>3. Copying the test set with empty files works fine. Files with data crashes
>the destination 1.3.87 Linux box.

by "destination" you are referring to the afs fileserver containing
the destination afs volume?

>5. Crash means the Linux operating system crashes. Other xterm windows do
>not respond, the system won't soft reboot and usually wont respond to ping.
>Hardware reset is required.

if my assertion is true, then you should not be running anything on
the console, this includes x-windows or any other pretty graphical
gui.  if the server crashes, then you will be able to see the panic/oops
unless the machine wedges in which case we have to try something else.
try the simply things first though.

you keep saying your cache gets corrupted.  this leads me to think that
your afs client machine is crashing and not the afs file server.

is the fileserver and client the same machine?

how about that network diagram?