[OpenAFS] Debian - openafs -noauth problems

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:10:10 +0200

* Russ Allbery [2005-08-19 21:20:49 -0700]:
> Attached.  (Review from anyone else would also be welcome.)

A few minor comments follow. Overall, it looks good.

>   7.  If the name of your Kerberos realm does not match the name of your
[...]
>   7.  Create some space to use for AFS volumes.  You can set up a separate

Some renumbering of sections is needed.

>       Note that if you're not using dynroot,
>       run /bin/ls rather than just ls to be sure that ls isn't aliased to
>       ls -F, ls --color, or some other option that would stat each file in
>       /afs, since this would require contacting lots of foreign cells and
>       could take a very long time.

Don't you mean fakestat instead of dynroot here?

>       You should now be able to cd to /afs/cell.name where cell.name is
>       the AFS cell name that you used.  Currently, there isn't anything in
>       your cell.

Well, there are two volumes named "service" and "user", created and
mounted by afs-rootvol.

>   10. While this is optional, you probably want to add AFSDB records to
>       DNS for your new AFS cell.

I like to add them before running afs-newcell. I think it's OK to leave
the discussion here at the end, though.

>   5.  If you added a new db server, configure your clients to use it.  If
>       you are using AFSDB records in DNS, you can just add a new record
>       (see point 10 in the instructions for creating a new cell).

Remember to adjust the numbering here too.