[OpenAFS] 1.3.87 Windows token icon

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:11:21 -0700

Upon occasion the AFS systray could only be acessed through Leash. Or not at
all.

I presumed that since Options->AFS properties is in Leash that Leash was
getting the AFS tokens or at least talking to AFS.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 8:48 AM
To: ted creedon
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] 1.3.87 Windows token icon

ted creedon wrote:
> Windows client - Leash would carp about being unable to renew credentials.

As I have pointed out in the past, Leash (leash32.exe) and the AFS Systray
tool (afscreds.exe) are completely separate and independent application.  If
Leash is displaying a dialog, it will not affect AFS Systray in any way.

If the AFS Systray is producing a dialog, then there is a potential for
lockups in versions prior to the 1.4 RC1.  When AFS Systray produces a
dialog it should be reported an error message as to what went wrong.

So which are you talking about, Leash or AFS Systray?

As for 1.3.87, I am no longer interested in 1.3.87 reports now that
1.4 RC1 is current.

Jeffrey Altman