[OpenAFS] Debian - openafs -noauth problems

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan@gmail.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:45:11 -0400

On Monday 22 August 2005 1:18 pm, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Madhusudan Singh <singh.madhusudan@gmail.com> writes:
> > 	Thanks for the instructions.
> >
> > 	I ran dpkg-reconfigure openafs-client, entered the cell name in
> > lower case and answered most of the questions.
> >
> > 	cat /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB now has
> >
> > >OMEGA.DOMAIN.EDU
> >
> > 	No IP addresses at all. Is this to be expected ?
>
> Yes, afs-newcell fixes that.  (I probably also need to look at the
> postinst script for openafs-fileserver.)

Thanks.

Upon getting credentials as user zzzz (kinit zzzz; aklog ....) , I noticed
that :

omega:/etc/openafs/server# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: m_singh@KERBEROS.DOMAIN.EDU

08/22/05 13:27:18  08/22/05 23:26:35
krbtgt/KERBEROS.DOMAIN.EDU@KERBEROS.DOMAIN.EDU
08/22/05 13:27:40  08/22/05 23:26:35  afs/omega.domain.edu@KERBEROS.DOMAIN.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

So, in the afs-newcell script, is my admin principal :

zzzz/omega.domain.edu@KERBEROS.DOMAIN.EDU

or afs/omega.domain.edu@KERBEROS.DOMAIN.EDU

?

Maybe that was the reason why I had difficulty setting acl's the last time
round.