[OpenAFS] Debian - openafs -noauth problems

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan@gmail.com
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:23:03 -0400

Thanks for your exhaustive response.

I ran the afs-newcell script :

What administrative principal should be used? zzzz/admin
echo \>omega.domain.edu >/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver start
Starting AFS Server: bosserver.
bos addhost omega omega -localauth ||true
bos: could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell database)
bos adduser omega zzzz.admin -localauth
bos: could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell database)
Failed: 256
bos: could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell database)
omega:~#

As I noted earlier, the IP address is not being added
to /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB. But as you said, afs-newcell is supposedly
able to recover from this. So, what am I missing ?