[OpenAFS] running vos from "another" machine

Dexter 'Kim' Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:28:15 -0600

Hi Ron,

Guess you're up and running :)

The AFS commands can be run from any AFS client.

AFAIK if a user doesn't have an entry in /etc/passwd they're not able to =
log
in.  PAM may be able to circumvent this, I'm not an expert, but suspect =
if
you try using an /etc/passwd with just the permitted login users that it
will work.

IOW -- set the machine up as an AFS client, and any of the AFS commands =
can
be run from that client.  Trim the /etc/passwd file and see if you can =
still
log in as one of the deleted users.

Kim

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D