[OpenAFS] copy volumes between cells?

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:21:44 +0200

* Lars Schimmer [2005-08-27 12:44:58 +0200]:
> Am I able to copy a volume from one cell to another?
> I'm admin to both cells.
> But vos dump or vos copy doesn't show anything like: from cell1 to cell2 ...

The following works for me:

	vos dump SVOL -cell SCELL | vos restore DSERVER DPART DVOL -cell DCELL

(after getting the right tokens for both cells and replacing the words in
upper case with actual volume, cell, server and partition names, of course).

I wouldn't expect "vos copy" to work since it only accepts a single -cell
argument (as I think you were trying to say).