[OpenAFS] Re: [Slightly OT] changing UID of a user to 1

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:30:00 -0700

Madhusudan Singh <singh.madhusudan@gmail.com> writes:

> Ok. I tried the following :

> Created a second user (bnl4) and added it to system:administrators. Then
> deleted the old user (m_singh) from the system using:

> pts delete $1
> vos remove -id user.$1.backup
> fs rmmount /afs/omega.domain.edu/user/$1/OldFiles
> vos remove -id user.$1
> fs rmmount /afs/omega.domain.edu/user/$1

You didn't need to delete the volume; you could have just recreated the
account with a new UID and chowned the existing volume.

> Now if I try to add it, I get the error message :

> '/afs/omega.domain.edu/user/m_singh/OldFiles' is a mount point for volume
> '#user.m_singh.backup'

What was the exact command that you ran that resulted in this message?
That looks like the output of fs lsmount, not an error.