[OpenAFS] AFS, Kerberos, NSS, etc. on Debian

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan@gmail.com
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:33:57 -0400

I have the following ports open :

omega:~# nmap -sU omega.domain.edu

Starting nmap 3.81 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-08-30 17:29 EDT
Interesting ports on omega (xy.xy.xy.xxx):
(The 1471 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE         SERVICE
123/udp  open|filtered ntp
7000/udp open|filtered afs3-fileserver
7001/udp open|filtered afs3-callback
7002/udp open|filtered afs3-prserver
7003/udp open|filtered afs3-vlserver
7005/udp open|filtered afs3-volser
7007/udp open|filtered afs3-bos

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.741 seconds

I do not have kaserver running as I am using kerberos 5 for authentication.
What service usually runs on 7006 ?