[OpenAFS] Directory dates under Linux 2.6.12

Jochen Roderburg Roderburg@Uni-Koeln.DE
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:04:48 +0200

I see a problem with directory dates with current OpenAFS.

It occurs under a Linux system with standard kernel 2.6.12 and I think it
started with OpenAFS version 1.3.86.

The Unix file system mechanism that the time/date stamp on a directory is set to
the current time when you change something in the directory (e.g. add or delete
a file) does not work as usual. The changed time is not seen immediately but
some time later or when something is changed in the parent directory. When I
look at it from another machine I see the correct time, so it looks as if it is
set correctly on the AFS server, only the local display on my system is wrong.

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                 Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                       E-Mail: Roderburg@rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany