[OpenAFS] Fedora Core 4 x86_64 binary rpm.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:48:40 -0500

Hi,

Carmi Weinzweig <carmi-openafs-info@jimiscool.com> writes:

> Derek -
> 	I installed the SRPM, and built it, but even though it shows:
>
> + : @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> + : @@@
> + : @@@ kernel version: 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> + : @@@ base kernel version:2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> + : @@@ kernel modules dir: /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> + : @@@ kernel source dir: /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4/build
> + : @@@ kernel type: up
> + : @@@ PAM modules dir: /lib64/security
> + : @@@ build userspace: 1
> + : @@@ build modules: 1
> + : @@@ arch: x86_64
> + : @@@ target cpu: x86_64
> + : @@@
> + : @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This looks correct...

> which has the correct kernel version and the correct CPU
> architecture, it builds
>
> bos:        ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
> for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/
> Linux 2.4.0, stripped
[snip]

> Which seem to be for the wrong kernel and all die as expected. :-)
>
> Am I missing something?

I don't understand why you think that this means "the wrong kernel
version"?  User-space programs like BOS aren't built against a
specific kernel -- they are built against the user-land ABI.

How does it "all die as expected" when you try to run it all?

-derek

PS: This /really/ should be kept on the list.  As I've said over
and over, I don't have any 64-bit machines so I have ZERO experience
with them..  Someone else might be able to help you, but only if
you CC the list on your email.