[OpenAFS] openafs 1.4.0 win client and sysprep

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:06:10 -0700

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 06:09:33PM +0100, scorch wrote:
> Christopher D. Clausen said the following on 2005-11-30 17:29:
> > David Sonenberg wrote:
> >> I have noticed that after running sysprep openafs needs to be
> >> reinstalled.  After booting a system that has been sysprep'd I get the
> >> following error.
>
> if you have a need to automate this you could try using DEVCON utility from
> MS. You should be able to script disable/re-enable or potentially reinstall
> the loopback adapter that way.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q311272
>
> netsh should also allow you to configure that adapter if the config is lost.

I have noted this is the past as well. I have also noticed that using
ghost without any sysprep, but using a sid changer to change the
machine sid, the AFSCache file becomes unusable and must be deleted.
It the sid changing tool I used from sysinternals mentions that it
attempt to change all the sids in file system acls and registry acls.
It looks like there are some sid burried in the afscache file as well.