[OpenAFS] openafs-kernel for 2.6.14 ?

pierre.frenkiel@apc.univ-paris7.fr pierre.frenkiel@apc.univ-paris7.fr
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:45:18 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Charles Duffy wrote:
> An RPM, having been built once, can be distributed to many machines at your
> site. They also have advantages with regard to tracking the software on the
> machine; permitting clean uninstalls; permitting extra queries ("what files
> are in this package?", "what package owns this file?"), etc.

   I said that only because I believed  that I had to do "configuer/make..."
   for the kernel module., but Derek gave me the solution to avoid that steps.
   In that case, I agree with you (although there are around the world some
   makefiles which provide a "make uninstall". It is also convenient
   to install on several machines with only a "make install", provided you
   have an nfs mount of your server)

cheers,
--
Pierre Frenkiel