[OpenAFS] New FC4 Kernel == Can't Find System Call Table

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:37:07 -0500

Jason McCormick wrote:
>   After installing the new Fedora 4 kernel (2.6.14-1.1644_FC4), when you
> insert the AFS module is now reports that it cannot find the syscall
> table.

I did a little more researching on this over the weekend.  Release 1644
of the Fedora 4 kernel bumps up to 2.6.14.3 from 2.6.14.  It appears
something in the minor.minor.minor release makes the pattern scanning
code not be able to find the syscall table.  The changelogs didn't
reveal anything that really stood out to me, but I'm not a kernel hacker. :)

--
Jason McCormick <jasonmc@cert.org>
CERT Infrastructure Team