[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1-rc2 Dynroot Error

Mike Bydalek mbydalek@contentconnections.com
Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:16:05 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to test some things out with the 1.4.1-rc2, and I'm having
some issues with a Linux client that I upgraded from 1.4.0.  It seems
that there's a problem with the -dynroot option.  When I start afsd with
the -debug option, I get the following:

afsd: Forking trunc-cache daemon.
afsd: Mounting the AFS root on '/afs', flags: 0.
afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(2)

 From what I understand, it should create the /afs directory and then
mount everything to that, but in this case, it's not creating /afs at
all.  I've been using the dynroot flag since 1.4.0-rc4 without a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike