[OpenAFS] Windows Logon Scripts

Franco Milicchio milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:09:04 +0100

On Dec 06, 2005, at 07:58pm, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Defining a custom login script is not an operation you perform with
> OpenAFS.  Instead you define your own Network Provider to configure
> a login script OR you define your own WinLogon Event handler and
> perform
> the drive mapping in the Logon Event.

One sad solution can be using samba with ldap backend, so that
passwords (as I understand) are encrypted while on the network. Samba
then can read and write on AFS using keytabs.

It's the easiest solution I found. If anyone has a really simple and
genial idea is most welcome :)

--
Franco Milicchio <milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it>

Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is
competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.
(Isaac Asimov)