[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1-rc2 Dynroot Error

Mike Bydalek mbydalek@contentconnections.com
Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:24:29 -0700

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:
>

>>> Just to add to this, when I did just create /afs, then re-ran afsd,
>>> everything worked.  I've never had to do this before, so that's why I
>>> posted the question.
>>>
>> I've always thought that since the Dawn Of Time you had to create /afs.
>> Certainly I remember forgetting to do that and having the Transarc client
>> fail to start.
>>

> Yea, AFS has never created the /afs directory.  The AFS Packages
> (RPM, DEB, etc) have created /afs if it doesn't exist.

You both are absolutely right.  I'm using Gentoo and sure enough, it's
right there in the ebuild.  I'm not sure why it blew away the /afs
directory, but I did an upgrade on a different machine and it worked as
expected, so sorry for the noise.

>> --Ken
>>

> -derek

-Mike