[OpenAFS] Upgrade plan - any gotchas?
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:36:58 -0500 (EST)
Here's my plan for upgrading both OS and OpenAFS on my primary AFS server.
Please let me know if you see any potential problems, gotchas, etc.
These items I have already done:
1. Set up a second VLDB and file server. Change all the CellServDB files
to include both servers. (Authentication is via Krb5; neither AFS server
is a KDC)
2. Move all non-replicated volumes to the second server. Have replicas
of the others on both servers.
Here is what I plan to do:
3. Shut down the primary server. I can do this during regular hours
because the secondary server will carry all the load.
4. Install the new OS (RHEL 4) on a new partition. Install OpenAFS 1.4.0
but don't start it.
5. Copy /usr/afs/db, /usr/afs/etc/, and /usr/afs/local from the old
system partition to the new one. Mount /vicepa same as on the old system.
6. Start up AFS and all should be well - or am I missing something?
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA