[OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS on /afs(22) on redhat EWS 4 client system.

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:48:48 -0500

On Friday, December 09, 2005 10:13:45 AM +0000 David Howells
<dhowells@redhat.com> wrote:

> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>

>> Neither.  That message is relatively normal and is perfectly safe to
>> ignore. The tainting is due to the fact that the Linux Developers don't
>> consider the IPL a "valid" open source license.
>
> It's not GPL compatible, which is, I think, the point.

Let's please not get into this flamewar again.

In any case, the message quoted was:

> kernel: openafs: no version for "sys_close" found: kernel tainted.

This is _not_ tainting due to a license issue; it's tainting because libafs
contains a weak reference to sys_close, which is not exported in that
particular kernel.  In this instance, that's perfectly normal.

-- Jeff