[OpenAFS] crashes in rx library on 64-Bit systems, affecting klog, aklog, etc...

Rainer Toebbicke rtb@pclella.cern.ch
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:09:08 +0100

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> Please don't cc openafs-bugs when you post to openafs-info. Then every
> clever person who just replies to all opens a new bug.
>
> Post twice, or bcc openafs-bugs or something.

(sigh) the other day I posted (admittedly to the perhaps less polpular
openafs-devel) with a bcc: to openafs-bugs and was (understandably)
reminded that I should post to openafs-bugs as well...

I understand your point and alas also that our communications
mechanism via mailing lists is pretty inadequate - with all the
precautions using a dummy mail account to keep spam under control and
then the hassle to separate the important messages from those that can
wait and are anyway better read in context.

At the danger of outing myself as being old enough for having used
usenet news intensively - where is alt.filesystems.afs (I know: in
google groups with 1 post per month) resp. what is the modern
equivalent that made people abandon the existing solution.

> I'll take care of this.

Great!

Rainer Toebbicke
European Laboratory for Particle Physics(CERN) - Geneva, Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 767 8985       Fax: +41 22 767 7155