[OpenAFS] Problem configuring OpenAFS

kjellg@speech.kth.se kjellg@speech.kth.se
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:27:22 +0100

Hi, and thanks for responding.

I have an afsd_init.log file and it contains the following:
10:50:35: Create log file
10:50:35: Created log file
10:50:35: osi_InitDebug code 1719

I have glanced at the debugging notes, but they contain
a lot of talk that makes no sense to me - I don't know
what to look for. I installed AFS at a different Windows 2000
machine with no trouble, but on this one I can't start
the service. And the error message is what I mentioned in my
first mail, it's the one ending in ...0042A. To repeat:
- I have administrator rights to my machine
- I have rights to use the cell md.kth.se, which I am trying
  to access.

Thank you for taking the trouble to help me with this.
Kjell Gustafson

   Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 19:02:41 -0500
    From: Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com>
 Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Problem configuring OpenAFS
      To: kjellg@speech.kth.se

kjellg@speech.kth.se wrote:

> I do have administrator rights to my machine. I also received a reply f=
rom the
> ZoneAlarm
> people suggesting I disable my ZoneAlarm and try then. I did, and it di=
dn't
> help.
>
> Can YOU please lead my steps toward a solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Kjell Gustafson

Have you read the release notes for OpenAFS for Windows and followed the
debugging instructions?

Is there an afsd_init.log file?

Jeffrey Altman

Hi,

I recently sent a request to the bug report mail address for open AFS who=
se main
message was as follows:

"I have firewall and things from ZoneAlarm, so maybe that's
got something to do with it, or maybe not - I don't know. I've sent a sim=
ilar
mail to their support.

I have downloaded the latest release of AFS Client for Windows 2000. I am=
 unable
to configure it.
I want to access the cell md.kth.se to which I belong. When I try startin=
g the
client I get the error
message:
"The AFS Client Service could not be started successfully. You might not =
have
authorization to perform this operation.

Error 0x0000042A."

I got the following reply:

 ">

"