[OpenAFS] Openafs-1.4.0; Kernel 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL; kernel module compile error

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:18:07 -0800

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

>> As I mentioned in private e-mail, you're barking up the wrong tree
>> here.  Your kernel headers won't compile *period*, which is why rlim
>> isn't found.  Every configure check that attempts to use kernel headers
>> is failing due to errors in the kernel headers themselves.

> Is this some known problem with 2.6 on ppc?  or is it some
> disto-specific issue?

I think it's distro-specific at least to the degree that I think people
are running OpenAFS 1.4.0 on PPC in Debian and haven't had this problem,
but I don't think Debian ever paused specifically at 2.6.9.  So it could
also be kernel-specific.