[OpenAFS] pts: no quorum elected... lowest IP says it's a clone

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:58:19 -0500

>I think I'm most concerned that the lowest IP address machine says "I am
>a clone and never can become sync site", but the other machine are often
>voting for it, and it doesn't seem to let them know it's not campaining
>(so to speak). Can anyone tell me why it's a clone, if this is the
>problem, and how I might fix it? The AFS docs only talk about cloning
>volumes, which I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with.

If I remember the "clone" logic, basically that means a clone never gets
voted for.  That's assuming that everyone knows that it's a clone.

Dumb question: do all your CellServDB entries look the same?  I'm
talking about the CellServDB in /usr/afs/etc (I think that's the
right directory).  And what does udebug report on those three
machines on port 7003?

--Ken