[OpenAFS] Anyone experienced these probs with 1.4 ?

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:10:14 -0500

In message <20051220101057.GA25974@defiant.alpha>,Frank Burkhardt writes:
>My guess: The openafs-client doesn't seem to enforce the r-permission
>correctly when the stat-data of the examined file is cached.

you are right. its not enforced.  its not difficult to fix this.  there
are a couple issues.  dentry lookup gets things right (which is why host2
worked) but the revalidate doesnt know that the "viewer" of the file might
have changed.  the dentry revalidate routine would need to be changed to
always check if you still have permission to view the file.  the code is
there but ifdef'd out.

>Is this wrong, wanted or unavoidable behaviour?

this behavior could be made selectable.  leaking the stat information
doesnt seem too dangerous but some people are more paranoid.