[OpenAFS] AFS server key change and windows clients unable to authenticate

Renata Maria Dart renata@slac.stanford.edu
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:51:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi, we upgraded our AFS server keys this morning and things went
smoothly for our unix clients, but we are seeing some problems with
authentication on our windows clients....windows users login to their
windows systems (some running OpenAFS 1.4.0, not sure what others are
running), the system says they have a token, but then a short time
later or maybe when they actually go to access a file in AFS, their
token gets discarded.  Any ideas about what is going on and what we
can do to get the windows people working again?  I should mention
that we are running kerberos 5 here as well, so the server key
update involved the KeyFile and the kdc.

Thanks,

Renata