[OpenAFS] aklog oddness?

Sean Kelly smkelly@rooster.creighton.edu
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:35:07 -0600

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 03:25:19PM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Just a guess but perhaps you have two different versions of aklog on
> your machine and the first one use krb524 and the second one uses raw
> Kerberos 5?

All I have is a /usr/bin/aklog that came with the OpenAFS RPM
(openafs-krb5-1.4.0-rhel3.1). I'm also using pam_krb5afs from RHEL AS3's
pam_krb5-1.77-1 RPM.

> Perhaps your servers are old enough that they cannot support raw
> Kerberos 5 based tokens?

How would I tell?

[smkelly@<testhost-1> smkelly]$ rpm -qa|egrep 'openafs-server|krb'
krb5-libs-1.2.7-47
krbafs-1.1.1-11
krbafs-utils-1.1.1-11
pam_krb5-1.77-1
krb5-server-1.2.7-47
openafs-krb5-1.4.0-rhel3.1
krb5-workstation-1.2.7-47
openafs-server-1.4.0-rhel3.1
krb5-devel-1.2.7-47

[smkelly@<testhost-1> smkelly]$ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_500_lcs36s
Default principal: smkelly@CREIGHTON.EDU

12/20/05 14:27:29  12/21/05 00:27:29  krbtgt/CREIGHTON.EDU@CREIGHTON.EDU
        renew until 12/20/05 14:27:29

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt500_biC7u2
Principal: smkelly@CREIGHTON.EDU

  Issued              Expires             Principal
12/20/05 14:27:29  12/21/05 00:27:29  krbtgt.CREIGHTON.EDU@CREIGHTON.EDU
12/20/05 14:27:29  12/21/05 00:27:29  afs@CREIGHTON.EDU

I do notice that the afs ticket is in the krb4 section...

Thanks.

--
Sean M. Kelly
Unix Systems Architect