[OpenAFS] ANNOUNCEMENT: 20051219 Daily Builds, December 2005 Status Report, and OpenAFS plug-in for KFW 3.0

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:52:03 -0500

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Robbie Foust wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just upgraded OpenAFS 1.4.0 (nsis installed) with the 20051219 MSI
>> installer on a windows 2003 system.  When I rebooted and loaded
>> afscreds.exe, I get a windows popup that says afscreds.exe - Unable To
>> Locate Component : This application has failed to start because
>> afsauthent.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix
>> this problem.
>>
>> I haven't tried re-installing yet, but figured I'd post here in case
>> there might be a bug or something.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Robbie
>>

> Please check your PATH.   If the PATH is too long, the Windows Installer
>  won't update it.
>
> Jeffrey Altman
Looks like the path is ok.  A search actually shows that afsauthent.dll
isn't anywhere on the drive, but there is an afsauthent.pdb in
openafs\common.

- Robbie