[OpenAFS] Re: directories in afs have "owners"?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:28:17 -0800

Tom Fitzgerald <tfitz@MIT.EDU> writes:

> I quite like this behavior, and wish the client wouldn't enforce this
> beyond what the server does.  It lets "i" access provide semantics like
> the Unix sticky bit, or windows' CREATOR OWNER acl entry, which I've
> found to be extremely handy sometimes.  I don't think I've ever used "i"
> with its current meaning, without "w", in real life.

I'd prefer the current behavior enforced, since it's rather handy to use
for project dropoff, log file rotation, and other situations where, once
the file has been put into the directory, the person putting it there is
not permitted to modify it.