[OpenAFS] Re: directories in afs have "owners"?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:42:10 -0800

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> writes:
> Currently we do not have a "fs chown" but it is on the wish list.
> If someone sends me a patch I will gladly include it.

I took a crack at this and realized that the Win32 AFS code is
incredibly disjoint from the code for all other platforms (I was
banging my head against the wall trying to figure out where in
src/venus/fs.c the code to query for a file owner on "fs examine"
was... silly me).

Anyways, for lack of a reliable Win32 box, I'm probably not the right
person to do this one.

By the way, is there a guide to the OpenAFS code that goes into more
detail than SOURCE-MAP?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380

Q: "Won't the pendulum swing back?"
A: "It has never been a pendulum. Think tectonic plates instead."
                                              -- from patrick.net