[OpenAFS] OpenAFS with RAID

Paul Robins paul@paulrobins.alldaypa.com
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:42:52 +0000

> I'm still not sure, I could clarify ...
>
> If you have just one fileserver, AFS IMHO doesn't really make sense.
> Make an NFS server of this single fileserver or a samba server if you
> have windows boxes to talk to.
>
> There is no 'distribution' with one fileserver, right?

Well that's what i was originally wondering, can AFS provide the ability
to replicate the contents of one fileserver to others which can be used
redundantly. It appears not at all; I'd still like to use AFS but I do
think i'm going to have to go NFS and then some sort of faux raid 1 for
redundancy.

Thanks for all the help anyway,
Paul