[OpenAFS] OpenAFS with RAID

Paul Robins paul@paulrobins.alldaypa.com
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:39:34 +0000

Jeffrey,
   Don't get me wrong, this was not my choice, I have absolutely no IT
budget and it's likely to remain that way although I would like to get a
well supported SATA controller. The benefits of small business computing :)

Derek, if you're reading this, i've tried yanking a drive before and the
system doesn't crash, but any disk access hangs. I wish i could spec a
higher quality controller but i have a feeling it will be rejected outright.

If either of you could weigh in on AFS on top of DRBD i'd appreciate it,
I'm not fully up on whether a second server with an identical filesystem
could be made to take over a crashed AFS machine. I appreciate all the
help so far and wish there was a way i could donate back.

Regards,
Paul