[OpenAFS] MacOSX with reliable AFS homedirs?

Tracy Di Marco White afs-info@gendalia.org
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:22:44 -0600

In message <20050204021548.GT9768@kalmia.hozed.org>, Troy Benjegerdes writes:
>Has anyone gotten Krb5, ldap, and AFS homedirs working reliably?

Have you looked at the ISU OS X documentation?
http://tech.ait.iastate.edu/macosx/

I'm just using krb5 & AFS, no LDAP, but mine is mostly a single user
machine.

>We've had to resort to setting up each individual users with a startup
>items script to run aklog.

I know the ISU lab documentation talks about using LDAP:
http://tech.ait.iastate.edu/macosx/how-to/labs-10.3.shtml

>I've tried the 'kfm_aklog' plugin, but it doesn't seem to work, and none
>of the apple login hook stuff seems to work.
>
>What is the equivalent of a linux PAM line like:
>
>session	libpam-openafs-session.so debug

PAM I'm not really using yet, so I can't help there.

-Tracy