[OpenAFS] MacOSX with reliable AFS homedirs?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:31:22 -0600

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 09:48:04PM -0600, Ben Staffin wrote:
> * Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> [2005-02-03 20:29] wibbled:

> > > Have you looked at the ISU OS X documentation?
> > > http://tech.ait.iastate.edu/macosx/
> > >
> > > I'm just using krb5 & AFS, no LDAP, but mine is mostly a single user
> > > machine.
> >
> > Do you have an afs homedir, and how do you get tokens when you log in?
>
> We use Nicholas Riley's aklog plugin to get tokens on login
> (http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/admin/afs/aklog-1.0.dmg).  It creates a
> /usr/local/bin/aklog, and a /Library/Kerberos Plug-Ins/aklog.loginLogout
> bundle.  I'm not sure how other sites handle this.

That looks like the same kfm_aklog bundle. How do you debug this when it
doesn't work?

Do you have to reboot or something to get kfm_aklog to work? I would
expect a reasonable unix system to not require a reboot for something
like that.

Also, does this (or anything else) work with ssh logins?