[OpenAFS] MacOSX with reliable AFS homedirs?

John Koyle jkoyle@rfpdepot.com
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:11:31 -0700

Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

>Has anyone gotten Krb5, ldap, and AFS homedirs working reliably?
>
>We've had to resort to setting up each individual users with a startup
>items script to run aklog.
>
>I've tried the 'kfm_aklog' plugin, but it doesn't seem to work, and none
>of the apple login hook stuff seems to work.

I just recently got this working on a system here - same description
 krb5, ldap and afs home dirs.  Granted this is only a test box, but
I am able to successfully authenticate as multiple users with homedirs
in AFS.

I am using the kfm_aklog plugin.  I found several versions of this
plugin on the web, so if you continue to have problems, email me privately
and I'll send you the copy I'm using.

The hard part in my opinion was getting the LDAP access setup correctly.
See the link to Iowa State U. earlier in the thread.  If I recall
correctly krb5
authentication is a bit different on 10.3 than previous versions so
check Apple's site for information on that.

This is on a new G5 Mac running OS 10.3.7.

HTH,
John