[OpenAFS] MacOSX with reliable AFS homedirs?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:58:29 -0600

> Also, I assume you know that you have to add
>
> login_logout_notification= "aklog"
>
> to the [libdefaults] section in /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.kerberos
> (If you have nat clients might also want to add
> noaddresses = true )
>
> And I assume the kerberos is required for login in
> /private/etc/authorization and that your actually require kerberos for
> login not just get tickets as a side effect.

What is the difference between having kerberos required for login vs
having a side-effect? I am using it as a side effect right now. That may
be part of my problem.

But with kerberos required for login, how do I get logged into the
machine for maintenance if the network is unavailable?