[OpenAFS] keeping openafs from breaking group security

Todd Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:54:03 -0500

> But, this is sort of a stupid argument, since I think everyone here is
> on the same side: pags as groups are a problem.

FTR, I'm on the 3rd side: groups not being PAGs are the bigger problem.

Closer to home, AFS (and now OpenAFS) should not feel free to use group numbers
of already allocated groups. Documenting around the problem doesn't solve the
problem, it just causes pointless discussions like this to go on and on...

Yeah, I should have attached the patch to fix it. My bad.
--
Todd_Lewis@unc.edu