[OpenAFS] 1.3.77 under AIX 5.1: unusable

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:44:07 +0100

On Monday 07 February 2005 11:36, Horst Birthelmer wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Hans-Gunther Borrmann wrote:

> I just didn't have the time to do any debugging, sorry, but I talked to
> Derrick about that backtrace and we weren't sure what that could be.

This client crash only happened once. What I normally observed was, that the
client showed the fileservers of my cell suddenly as unavailable and I had to
reboot the client to access AFS space again.

> Just a little patience would help perhaps. I know about the problem but
> just haven't had the time to look into it.

No problem. I'll be patiened.

> What bothers me more is the problem with the volserver. I don't
> remember me doing anything to that code. ;-)
>
> Horst

What bothers me most is the salvager crashing. I am in the middle of the
migration from TRANSARC servers to OpenAFS servers. One OpenAFS server is
already in production with about thousand volumes. At the moment I have
stopped the migration. But I do not want to go back

Thanks to all for your assistance!

Gunther
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg