[OpenAFS] MR-AFS?

Tony D'Amato tdamato@odu.edu
Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:13:54 -0500

This is probably going to be a silly question, but here goes...

We've discovered that we have a need to do some sort of hierarchical
storage management on our site. We're currently migrating from IBM's
DCE/DFS over to OpenAFS (We're running 1.3.76 on clients/servers and I'm
compiling 1.3.78 right now) for our main file storage. I've been trying
to google information on MR-AFS which evidently used to be from
Pittsburgh Supercomputer Center (PSC), but is now either being developed
either at the Navy or at Rechenzentrum Garching (RZG), depending upon
the web site.

Is there any current info on this software? Is part of it already
incorporated into OpenAFS, or are there additional parts which need to
be obtained, and from where? It seems most of the information is either
very old or non-existant.

Thanks for any assistance which you can provide!

--
Tony D'Amato
Senior UNIX Systems Administrator