[OpenAFS] 1.3.77 under AIX 5.1: unusable

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:17:43 -0500

On Wednesday, February 09, 2005 03:41:31 PM +0100 Hans-Gunther Borrmann
<hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> On Monday 07 February 2005 15:34, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
>> [stuff about the server deleted. one thing at a time]
>
> true.
>
>> Really, I'd like to try this, and Sven Oehme was even kind enough to send
>> a machine... which I need to get out of customs, which I'm sure is going
>> to be like getting teeth pulled.
>>
>> You can try applying /afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/hzr-diff1 and
>> hzr-diff2 in reverse, build, and see if it makes a difference. There is
>> little of substance there. If it works, it should be easy to figure out
>> why. If not, I don't know. Those are diffs of Hartmut's CVS tree against
>> OpenAFS 1.3.77-ish CVS head.
>>

> I tried to apply your 2 diffs but failed. Many many hunks fail because
> the  context is not found in my sources due to missing or adittional
> blanks. Two  examples:

Try running patch with -l, which will make it ignore differences in
whitespace between the patch and your existing sources.