[OpenAFS] releasing volumes automatically

Dexter Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:30:00 -0700

If your cronjob can run as root on any AFS server (strictly speaking, on any
AFS node with /usr/afs/etc/KeyFile, but it's generally not a good idea to
put the KeyFile on a client), you can use the "-localauth" argument to "vos
release"

vos release <volname> -localauth

When run as root with an accessible KeyFile, "vos release ... -localauth"
will succeed.

I believe the -localauth causes tokens to be fabricated using the current
key in the key file.

Kim