[OpenAFS] MacOSX "latest release" is still 1.2.11?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:15:26 -0600

I have downloaded the 'Latest release' link for OSX several times, and
thought I was getting the latest, but if I do 'strings' on
/usr/sbin/afsd after installing, it looks like it is actualy 1.2.11???

wget ftp://openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.2.13/macos-10.3/OpenAFS.pkg.tar.gz

/tmp$ tar zxvf OpenAFS.pkg.tar.gz
/tmp$ cd OpenAFS.pkg/Contents
/tmp/OpenAFS.pkg/Contents$ grep OpenAFS *
Binary file Archive.bom matches
Info.plist:     <string>OpenAFS 1.2.10</string>
/tmp/OpenAFS.pkg/Contents$ gunzip -c Archive.pax.gz | pax -r
/tmp/OpenAFS.pkg/Contents$ ls
Archive.bom     Info.plist  PkgInfo    private
Archive.pax.gz  Library     Resources  usr
/tmp/OpenAFS.pkg/Contents$ strings usr/sbin/afsd | grep
OpenAFS
@(#) OpenAFS 1.2.11 built  2004-11-02

What's going on here?

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz