[OpenAFS] linux 2.4: -memcache breaks nvidia driver (?!)

Ben Staffin staffin@uiuc.edu
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:56:27 -0600

After spending several hours trying to get the nvidia driver to work on
a newly installed Debian Sarge system, I've discovered that using
-memcache on afsd causes the binary nvidia driver to fail.  The nvidia
kernel module loads, but the X server absolutely refuses to start.

I suppose it might be a problem with my afsd options; I'm currently
running with "-blocks 65536 -stat 10000 -memcache".  Should that be okay?

This is not necessarily a bug against OpenAFS, but I'd like to know if
others have run into this problem, or perhaps warn others :)

OpenAFS 1.2.13-1
XFree86 4.3.0-dfsg.1-1
nvidia driver 1.0.6629+1-2
kernel 2.4.27-2-686