[OpenAFS] backup solutions

Stephan Wiesand Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:43:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi Sven,

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Sven Oehme wrote:

> 1. docs :-)
>
> vos help convertROtoRW
>
> vos convertROtoRW: convert a RO volume into a RW volume (after loss of old
> RW volume)
> Usage: vos convertROtoRW -server <machine name> -partition <partition
> name> -id <volume name or ID> [-force] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth]
> [-localauth] [-verbose] [-encrypt] [-help]
> Where: -force      don't ask
>       -noauth     don't authenticate
>       -localauth  use server tickets
>       -verbose    verbose
>       -encrypt    encrypt commands
>
> 2. if the second (old crashed) server comes up , the volume on this server
> will not switched to online when the fileserver starts up ..

Do all parties involved (fileserver hosting the converted RO volume,
crashed fileserver, vlserver) need to be openafs-1.3? What if one of them
isn't?

A similar question: Can I "vos restore" a volume dump larger than 2 GB
(without large files, from a 1.2 or 1.3 server) onto a 1.2 fileserver?

Cheers,
  	Stephan

| Stephan Wiesand  |                                |
| DESY     - DV -  | phone  +49 33762 7 7370        |
| Platanenallee 6  | fax    +49 33762 7 7216        |
| 15738 Zeuthen    |                                |
| Germany          |                                |